Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2019

MATHS IS COOL

How I taught my mum timestable 

1-  I found out if my mum could add
2-  explained what multplication means. example: 6x6 = six sets of six or 3x8 = 8 sets of 3
3-explained that you add the sets together. A larger set get's split in half you can not count on fingers or into smaller groups,  then add them together to get the answer
exapmle: (3+3+3+3) (3+3+3+3)= 12+12= 24

Was my mum able to learn and were there any challenges?

My mum was able to learn the method. The challenges were explaining what multiplication is and remembering the method that I had learnt in class.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.