Pages

Thursday 27 May 2021

Outstanders

 Hello bloggers ,

We have been working on out standers . It has been really fun we had to answer some questions. We have been doing this for a long time. Here is my work .

Explain the word 

Suffrage - the right to vote

Union - A person who works 

Watersider -  A person employed to load and unload a ship's

Find Specific information 

  1. What is the name of the law that ensures we have a right to protest in NZ 

 -1990.

  1. When did soldiers invade parihaka 

-The 5th November 1881

  1. How many women signed the Women’s Suffrage petition

 -32,000

  1. What is New Zealand’s most famous hikoi

 -March of 1975

Show your understanding Choose on of the protests from the article and summarize it on your own words Answer who , what , when , where and how ?

- Black lives matter because they are just people it happened 2020 in America and there where lost of blames at wite people and black people there where lost of violence happening. 

Make connections 

  1. When you read this article , what does it remind you of 

-  Racism 

  1. Have you ever seen or been involved in  a protest 

-  Yes I have seen one before 

Visualise / What do you think

I think that women should be aloud to vote and have jobs just not look after children and clean the house.



Bye bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.